Bauçan, a poet of images, music and words, was born in Montreal, Canada, in 1968. Self-taught, he left college to dedicate himself to his art. In his twenties, he founded with Luc Courchesne the group of artists Le Cénacle de l’Étendard who edit and publish poetry books. He wrote and published with them two books as well as participated in many collective works with other poets that have also been published. In between poetry readings, he recorded an album under an independent label and produced a short-cut movie “ Le chat a fait de moi un oiseau” with Eric Francoeur as leading man and Jean Cotonnec as cameraman.
Ever eager for adventures, he explored the Baffin Island and hitchhiked across Canada. At 24 years old, during his first trip to Europe, his paintings were exhibited at an art gallery in Pont-Aven, Brittany (where Gauguin once lived). Over the years, his paintings were also exhibited in various galleries in Bordeaux, Dinard, Nantes, Nice, Paris (France), Brussels (Belgium), Cologne (Germany), Kyoto (Japan), as well as in Texas and Chicago (U.S.), and in Calgary, Toronto and Montreal (Canada)?His paintings can be seen in many TV shows and movies like “ Beyond Borders “ with Angelina Jolie.
At 26 years old he invented and constructed a 35mm antique-looking camera, made out of paper. After having sold his invention to the Wrebbit Corporation, he traveled for three years, from the Czech Republic to North Africa.
In 2014, after living and painting during more than 10 years in Thailand, he moved to China
- Ouest France, 14 juin 2016 section expo
- Le Téléramme Ouest Cournaille, 14 juin 2016
- Parcours, Volume 14 Numero 2 , 2009
- Ouest France, mardi 5 aout 2008 section expo
- Le Téléramme Ouest Cournaille, jeudi 31 juillet 08 p.26
- Journal de Montréal, 11 Octobre 2003, p.85
- Ouest France, 6 Mars 2002, Nam18
- Le Guide de Roussan 1997 - ?8 - '99 - 00 - 01 - 02
- Magasin'art, no 1, Automne 2000 p.41
- La Presse, Samedi 4 Nov. 2000, p. D14
- Le journal Quoi Oct. 2000, vol. 2 no 1, p.9
- Vie des arts, hiver 1999?000, no 177 p.70
- La Presse, Jeudi 25 nov. 1999, p. D3
- La Revue, 13 oct. 1999, p. A 3
- Le trait d'Union, 17 oct. 1999, p.22
- Magasin抋rt, no 2, Hiver 1995/96
- Quartier Libre, hiver 1995